Design Essentials® Master Educator Deshonica Kerrie shares a step-by-step technique to acheive a bantu knot frohawk on short natural hair using Design Essential products.
This chic style is perfect for the summer months, adding spice to your short natural hair , or if you just want something funky! This styles was done on a old twist out which is perfect if you are in the middle of the week and don’t have time to re wash and style your hair.
Step By Step:
Deshonica on Rocking Out with a Bantu Knot Frohawk- An easy way to refresh a twist-out.
- Apply Design Essentials® Natural Daily Moisturizing Lotion as a moisturizer first
- Part hair into big chunks and two-strand twist hair
- Then add Design Essentials® Natural Twist & Set Setting Lotion and create bantu knots (apply bantu knots only on both sides of the head)
- Gather the hair in the middle and draw the hair up using a soft brush to create the frohawk
- Secure hair with bobby pins and crisscross them for a tighter hold
- Use a comb to create volume in the fro and make sure to tease the hair in one direction to avoid tangling.