Natural Hair Care Tools
This is the most popular topic I get asked about from newbies and transitioners. I get stopped on the street very often by naturalistas and the question is always what do I use on my hair!
This post and video was the first installment in our #TressTalkTuesday chats on Periscopes.
I have compiled this list of natural hair care tools over 9 years of trial and error with various products and I believe now I have found a good rotation.
**Disclaimer** What works for someone else’s hair does not guarantee that it will deliver the same results for your hair**
Natural Hair Care Tools:
- Wide tooth comb
- Rat tail Comb
- Denman Brush
- Soft Bristle Brush
- Hair Shears
- Microfiber towel
- Satin Cap & Scarf
- Satin Pillowcase
- Oversized Hair Ties
- Ionic Ceramic Blow dryer
- Ceramic Flat Iron
Natural Hair Care Products:
- Moisturizing Sulfate Free Shampoo
- Moisturizing conditioner ( for cowashes use as you would shampoo)
- Deep conditioner ( use at least once a week)* natural hair tends to be dry so a deep conditioner helps to restore the moisture
- Leave in conditioner
- Oil – I’m partial to coconut oil
- Styling product-this could be as simple as an oil, shea butter, or a styling creme like Miss Jessie’s butter cream it really ranges on what works best for your hair)
- Heat Protectant Spray
* i have found though that the lock and twist gel works well on very curly strands to very coarse. I always suggest it to my newbies to try and they have all benefited from it in someway. And its only 3.99!
I’ve done the hard work for you just click below and find everything you need in one place.
GET THE FREE EMAIL COURSE
If you ever wanted to get your natural hair regimen on point but just haven't taken that first step, this challenge is for you!
Sign up to receive my free step-by-step email course.