Natural Hair Care Tools
This is the most popular topic I get asked about from newbies and transitioners. I get stopped on the street very often by naturalistas and the question is always what do I use on my hair!
This post and video was the first installment in our #TressTalkTuesday chats on Periscopes.
I have compiled this list of natural hair care tools over 9 years of trial and error with various products and I believe now I have found a good rotation.
**Disclaimer** What works for someone else’s hair does not guarantee that it will deliver the same results for your hair**
Natural Hair Care Tools:
- Wide tooth comb
- Rat tail Comb
- Denman Brush
- Soft Bristle Brush
- Hair Shears
- Microfiber towel
- Satin Cap & Scarf
- Satin Pillowcase
- Oversized Hair Ties
- Ionic Ceramic Blow dryer
- Ceramic Flat Iron
Natural Hair Care Products:
- Moisturizing Sulfate Free Shampoo
- Moisturizing conditioner ( for cowashes use as you would shampoo)
- Deep conditioner ( use at least once a week)* natural hair tends to be dry so a deep conditioner helps to restore the moisture
- Leave in conditioner
- Oil – I’m partial to coconut oil
- Styling product-this could be as simple as an oil, shea butter, or a styling creme like Miss Jessie’s butter cream it really ranges on what works best for your hair)
- Heat Protectant Spray
* i have found though that the lock and twist gel works well on very curly strands to very coarse. I always suggest it to my newbies to try and they have all benefited from it in someway. And its only 3.99!