AWWW Summer! Festivals of all varieties are here! Whether you are planning to attend a natural hair event, wine festival, Caribbean festival or even a cheese festival 🙂 here are some dope festival natural hair styles you can rock on those long summer days! Since these festivals are outdoors you want to make sure your natural hair is secure , out of the way (it’s hot!) and of course FLY!
Festival Natural Hair Styles:
- Beehive- Classic 1950’s do pinned to perfection! Let that texture shine through and make your beehive and big (or little) as you would like!
- Turban-These colorful scarves and fabrics are a perfect accessory to punch up any outfit. (They are also great covers for those protective twists underneath)
- Braided Updo- Keep that hair off your face and neck with this cute natural hair style. Love the pop of pink in the front.
- Havana Twists- These twists are chunky, bold and low maintenance.
- Waist Length Box Braids- Spotted on Solange Knowles at many music festivals these boho braids are great paired with a nice hat to protect you from the blazing sun.
- Big Afro- Be Wild and Free! Nothing says summer to me like a huge humidity soaked Afro. Let those kinks, curls, and coils fly free.
click the pictures to enlarge.